Who's it for?
The Parenting Teenagers Course* is for any parents, step-parents, grandparents or caregivers with children aged 11-18 years.
Why do the course?
Teenagers do not arrive with an instruction manual! Family life is under great pressure today and parents face bewildering choices around how to parent effectively. Discovering we are not alone in the challenges we face and picking up ideas from other parents can make a huge
difference. We can all learn how to make even the happiest family better.
What to expect
- A friendly and informal atmosphere
- Tea/coffee and cake
- Talks covering the following topics:
- Keeping the end in mind
- Meeting our teenagers needs
- Setting boundaries
- Developing emotional health
- Helping them make good choices
- Opportunity to discuss the session's topic with others, although there is never any pressure to share on the course.
How much does it cost?
$15 for a single parent, $25 for a couple. This covers the course manual and supper
When does the next course start?
The next course starts Thursday 24 May, 7:30pm - 9:30pm for 5 weeks.
Venue: Heretaunga Christian Centre, 51 Lane Street, Wallaceville, Upper Hutt
Register online at http://parentingcourse.co.nz
*Parenting Teenagers is an Alpha course.